Avanti History Channel Special

Has anyone else seen the History Channel 1 hr. special covering the Avanti

1962-1992?

I just saw it on video and it stated that Avanti was sold to a group of investors that moved it to Canada in the 80's.

Did I miss something, or what? I could have sworn it was produced in South Bend and moved to Youngstown Ohio? I never heard of it moving to Canada.

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

I think you're right.

It was in Villa Rica, Ga. for a dew years, and I hear is gearing up in Mexico?

Dave Miller

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

I was out there last year and bought up a trailer load of surplus Studebaker and Avanti parts.

The production line was totally disassembled and just about everything was packed up and in storage.

They said something about moving into smaller quarters and starting up again with the Mustang based Avanti and a Ford powered SUV. Didn't say anything about Mexico, though?

Hmmmmmm? Down and out again!

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

Really makes you wonder how accurate the rest of the "history" on that channel is, doesn't it?

Reply to
WayneC

Yeah... they packed it up to move it to Mexico and then Mike Kelly got arrested for fraud...

Jeff DeWitt

64dayt> I was out there last year and bought up a trailer load of surplus Studebaker
Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

That is answered for me by the use on an UNDERSIZED and ADJUSTABLE wrench being used to tighten the nut in the Modern Marvels logo. A good mechanic would have used a suitably sized box or socket.

Katl

Karl

Reply to
midlant