My new roof (OT)

As most of you know, the Monday after coming back from Omaha, a tornado came through Joliet and took part of my roof off. Volunteers of the Blackhawk chapter of the S.D.C. came to my rescue and helped me clean and dry parts that got wet and helped me putting a temporary patch on the roof. Many worked here for days. Rolf Snobeck,the President of our chapter works for Illinois Roofing Co and arranged to have a new 8000 sq.ft. roof put on with R23 insulation under a continues vinyl sheet. The sheets were heat sealed together to form a leakproof roof. New gutters were installed and the new roof looks great. Illinois Roofing did a terrific job at a very good price.Thanks Rolf! I will slowly get back in the Studebaker parts supply business. I have a 38.000 sq.ft building full of parts from 26 Studebaker dealers that I bought out over the years as a retirement project. I am old and slow but will try to help with parts as much as I can.

Robert Kapteyn Joliet Studebaker Service. snipped-for-privacy@mac.com

Reply to
rkapteyn

Hopefully no humans were hurt in this event!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to
oldcarfart

Reply to
Studebaker George

Bob,

Glad to hear the good news, and I look forward to visiting with you again soon.

Eric DeRosa '49 2R-5 (original survivor) '63 R2-Lark (barely surviving)

Reply to
Eric DeRosa