Avanti4DavidJr (another Stude-powered Stude at Bonneville)

I am waaaay overdue in posting a note about this. I have my excuses, though. They involve a salt storm and moving. That said, I finally found this flyer I got at Bonneville from David and Rosa Maria Livesay. They are building a 63 Avanti for Bonneville in memory of their son David Jr who passed away about 16 years ago at the age of 15. He was a Stude nut who helped his Dad restore a Hawk.

They were hoping to race last year but didn't get their car ready in time (man do we know THAT story!). I think they will be out there this year. Their car will be number 1112 and they plan to run in the Classic Supercharged Production class. They will use a 259 motor which will put them in the E catagory (as opposed to D, which is what Bloomberg's Avanti Kid runs in with his 289). I think that record is still open so if they can make a couple of passes back-to-back they can set it. A car like that ought to be able to run 170 without much trouble and in the 180's with a little work. I am not sure if it could touch 200 -- The Avanti Kid's record is currently about 198. David will need to do at least 3 licensing runs of under 175 before they let him really put his foot into it.

Anyway, they have a site

that has some of the details. I'll have to get in touch with them shortly and see if they will be making it out to the salt this year with the car.

Bob

Reply to
BobWaitz