Paula Murphy on What's My Line

The Game Show Network has this old black & White show on every night at

12:30 on the west coast. Last night the second guest was Paula. Her line was "Test Driver & Holder of Women's Speed Record". I watched and hoped for some mention of Studebaker. Sure enough, after she fooled the panel, moderator John Charles Daly said she "Is employed by Studebaker, and just drove an Avanti 161 mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats".

P.S. The first guest was Colonel Sanders, in full dress, panel was NOT blindfolded, and they failed to guess his line too!

Reply to
Dwain G.

That's interesting and brings my memory back to meeting her more than four decades ago.

Reply to
studegary

Dammit, Gary,

That's the second time in two months you have mentioned meeting her. If you're trying to make me envious, you never will! Sniff, sniff, sniff....

(Just for that, I think I'll lurk for a while.)

Karl

Reply to
midlant

I am not trying to make you Karl, or anyone else, envious. I don't remember mentioning it in the past two months, but I will take your word for it because you probably reseached it. I just tend to comment on memories that are brought back to me by various comments. I have probably met many people of note that you have not met, but you have also probably met many people of note that I have not met. Nothing to be envious about.

Reply to
studegary