Brake Residual pressure valve question ?

I have a residual pressure valve I want to install in the rear line of my now disk braked truck. It has a arrow, but is the arrow in the direction of the flow or toward the MC ?

Reply to
John Poulos

The Wilwood valves have an indicator, but not an arrow, but they are also marked and the "out" goes toward the brakes.

Reply to
Bob Johnstone

Flow from the M/C to W/C. Install backwards and valve will hold pressure in the W/C and lock up will occur. Learned the hard way?

Bo

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

I assumed the arrow would point away from the MC, thanks. BTW, where you been Bo ?

64dayt> Flow from the M/C to W/C. Install backwards and valve will hold pressure in
Reply to
John Poulos

JP, be certain this is a 2# valve for disc brakes, a 10# valve for a drum brake setup will cause overheating and short pad life in a disc setup. Lamar

Reply to
wbutler

John,

I'm neck deep in alligators, moving from Texas to Florida. Building shops, house and cleaning up property there is a full time job. Just back for a couple weeks to pack another load of parts and equipment before heading back to florida with the stuff.

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

Disk front, drum rear, 10 pound on rear.

snipped-for-privacy@mississippi.net wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

OK, I misread it to be 4 wheel disk. Lamar

Reply to
wbutler