C Cab suspension

Has anyone used a Ford Aerostar front suspension on a C Cab? Is it worth the cost and labor? Allen

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

I haven't, but have noticed that someone is selling a "kit" for adapting such to fit a Stude truck on ebay. It should be an improvement over the old straight axle, and I like it because it does not require cutting the frame or welding. You will gain power rack & pinion, disc brakes, and independent suspension with readily available parts. I imagine that unless different rotors can be adapted, you will be using different wheels on the front, though. Barry'd in Studes

Reply to
Barry

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

I am on the N. side of Houston, and I have heard of the Porter strip, but do not think it is still there, though I can not say for sure...

Reply to
Barry