C-K frame crossmember?

I have a 53 Starliner and I'd like to stiffen the frame. I happen to have the middle crossmember from an Avanti frame. Will this bolt onto the 53 frame?

Rebob

Reply to
reporter

Nate, I think what he is talking about is the 'X' frame from the Avanti ot Larkvertible or Wagonaire, not just the crossmember and I don't if it will fit or not without a lot of modifications. Jerry

Reply to
jerrystudebaker

Oh, I thought he was talking about adding the batwing, which would have been my first step.

Ummmm... OP, I would suggest adding the "batwing" crossmember from a Hawk before worrying about the X-member. Unless you are going to cut the top off in which case doing both may be advisable.

nate

jerrystudebaker wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel