C-K trailer hitch?

Way back when I had a trailer hitch on one of my '57 GHs. I'd like to find one for my current '58 Hawk. Anyone got a hitch (think my original was a "Draw-Tite") gathering dust?

Reply to
jab-ph

There was a guy on here a few years ago that fabricated them. I don't have contact information.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

If you know a good welder, it probably wouldn't be too hard to just take some "Z" shaped heavy steel brackets and bolt them to the bumper mounting points and have them welded to the center section of a typical receiver hitch. However, the hitch would probably be stronger than the Stude frame...

I have seen a couple C-K trailer hitches, one of which I actually contemplated using until I found it was welded to the car on which it was installed...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Ronnie Scheller snipped-for-privacy@bluevalley.net or snipped-for-privacy@charter.net

I have both email addresses for him in my address book... don't know if one or both are current.

He (actually his wife) makes a very nice hitch. Hides away nicely behind the tag when not in use.

Reply to
Dave's Place

They're very nicely done, I bought one a few years ago but had to send it back because I didn't know that you had to remove the rear panel underneath that goes between the tail pipes. He was going to design one that worked with the panel staying on but I haven't tried to get in touch with him since. He designs them and his wife cuts and welds them up... and she is a good welder.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

She has to be... that's how she makes her living!

Reply to
Dave's Place

Reply to
jab-ph