Caesar arrives

Caesar, my new R2 SuperHawk just arrived, in the condition I expected. It is another restoration done by a general collision shop. with lots of stuff done wrong. The car had some rust in the floors and they did a great job with those, new Classic floors, torque boxes, the works. Almost all the sheet metal is NOS, paint is very nice, but the car will never be a condition 1 car in my opinion. The P.O. spent 23K with Dave T-Bow for all the mechanical work, another

30K plus on the rest of the car and it still needs lots of little issues fixed. The dash was covered with real wood veneer, now peeling, the door panel pleats are too thick making the handles bind up, hood is not adjusted. Lot's of just stupid things just not done right like leaving the vent screens with red body paint showing trough behind the kick panels, no flat black behind the grill, replated tail light housing not trimmed in body color and so on.

It is a full package, real deal 63 SuperHawk somewhere between a exceptionally nice driver and second place show car. It has had tons of money thrown at it in the last year or two, N8 just needs to tweak everything.

John Poulos

JP, if you're that disappointed in it, you could sell it to me cheap ;>)

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

___________________ Boy, give some fellas a 100-cent Doler, and they sure start throwing it around, don't they? At least you wouldn't have to hose this one off at the border!

Reply to
comatus

Still very nice looking car ...Sure you will get the short comings fixed ok...Question is did you get a good deal on the money paid ??

Lans>>Caesar, my new R2 SuperHawk just arrived, in the condition I expected.

To e-mail me remove the X from my E - address...

Reply to
Lansing Small

Cheap is a relative term, but you can have it as it sits for the 23K he paid T-Bow for the mechanical work, and we'll forget the other 25K for the body work and paint. I'm polishing the year old paint as we speak.

snipped-for-privacy@bex.net wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Yes, I think I did, less than a third of the money just invested in the car. The owner lost interest after seeing all the minor crap that was not addressed by the shop.

Lans> Still very nice looking car ...Sure you will get the short comings fixed

Reply to
John Poulos

I like the car, but lose the wheels.

Reply to
The Other Dave

Reply to
John Poulos

Who puts $48K into a car and then turns around and says, "you can have it for $16K"? I'd part it out before I did something like that.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

To me they look "not done", kind of like a sand cast piece just out of the mold.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud