Car Suggestions

Toyota or Honda if dependability counts...

JT

Bill Glass wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Which modelis the BMW clone?

Sounds interesting.

Reply to
Bill Glass

No specific model, just appointed like a BMW, lots of leather wood and gadgets up the butt. here's some info;

08+hyundai+sonata+100886115+style+researchlanding+page&mktid=ik344165

Bill Glass wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Here's the standard equipment list on the one I looked at (Sonata V6 Limited about 25K, but the base car starts much lower0

? Leather seating surfaces ? Heated front seats ? Automatic temperature control ? Auto-dimming mirror/compass ? HomeLink® Universal Transceiver ? Sliding center armrest ? Chrome grille / exterior door handles ? Premium door sill plates / ?Limited? badge ? CD Changer with Infinity® speakers, subwoofer / external amplifier ? Aluminum bodyside moldings ? 215/55R17 tire ? 17-inch alloy wheel ? Fog lights ? Power driver seat ? Steering wheel audio controls ? Driver?s lumbar support ? Automatic light control ? Trip computer ? Chrome window belt moldings ? Metalgrain interior accents ? Leather-wrapped steering wheel/shift knob ? Telescoping steering wheel ? Rear deck spoiler ? 3.3L V6 engine ? 5-speed automatic ? Dual exhaust with chrome tips ? Electronic Stability Control (ESC) with Traction Control System (TCS) ? Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) ? Tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS) ? Front active head restraints ? Front, front seat side and curtain airbags ? AM/FM/XM/CD player/MP3 audio ? Tilt steering wheel ? Remote keyless entry and alarm ? Leather-wrapped steering wheel/shift knob ? Power windows, locks, heated mirrors ? Cruise control ? Air conditioning ? Solar control glass

Bill Glass wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Bill, my friend... find something Chrysler... You, and Ellen will be happy campers. I don't like the fact that the Germans took over the company... but, they still make the best cars... FOR THE MONEY. And, the corporation is back in American hands now. Anything Chrysler is better (for the money) than anything else, based on my considerable experience.

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Kevin Wolford

Hey, the PentiStar is back!

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Surf the site and you'll see they're introducing 20 new models in the next

18 months. Looks like they know the "Teutonic Plague" that Daimler infected their design studios with is the first thing that needs cured. Even if you include the 100% Daimler based Crossfire and Sprinter models, Chrysler Dodge and Jeep have a total of 27 models today. That's pretty much a complete revamp of the entire product line.

To throw in a plug (opinion) for the reason this thread was started, there isn't a better value for the price on the market right now than a Chrysler Minivan. I've seen that all wheel drive was made available within the last two years again too. The same interior space as a Suburban, with a luxury car type ride, and 25 MPG or so on the highway. Nothing better for a family. Stow and Go is amazing, and gives you a rear cargo area like a 1975 Ford LTD trunk, only larger, with the seats up. We LOVE ours.

Reply to
Kevin Wolford

Yeah, but it's a MINIVAN!

I read something interesting about those things a while back. The author pointed out that one of the reasons they were so popular originally was that not only were they practical but they were different from the LTD Country Squires, Oldsmobile Vista Cruisers and Ambassador wagons the young parents buying them grew up with.

Now the current young parents grew up with minivans, they are old hat, so they are looking at things that are different, like the crossovers and the real live station wagons.

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Did ya notice that Dodge is creeping back toward big trucks. The 2008 Dodge 4500 and 5500, with bigger diesel engines , I guess to compete with the big Fords.(F-450/F550).

If the 3500 is a 1 t> Kev>> Surf the site and you'll see they're introducing 20 new models in the

Reply to
Transtar60

We had a '93 Grand Caravan that we put 170K on before trading for a PT Cruiser that we just had to have in 2001. We loved the PT, but missed the van tremendously.

I ended up buying a TrailBlazer EXT (because of the current Dodge Charger) which now has 175K on it, to try and fill the "Minivan Void". The Chevy has been a dependable and trusty companion to me. My company will not allow you to drive a minivan for business (stupid). The TrailBlazer is OK, but it's not a minivan. Unless you've owned a minivan, particularly a Chrysler, you probably wouldn't understand what I mean. Pass through front seats. Passenger position. Ride comfort. Fuel mileage. Visibility. My wife drove several other vehicles, and pleaded with me to buy the Chrysler last November. I would have rather bought a Buick Terraza at the time because of Daimler, but the GM vans still have a big nose and aren't laid out as nicely. She didn't like it. Couldn't get a sunroof or Stow and Go in the Buick either. I will not even walk on an import dealer's lot.

As far as the minivan being "passe", it's been nine years since the company that makes the best one took it seriously. Daimler did not promote them. My 2007 is the same basic design as a 1996 van (thank goodness!). The Caravan and Town & Country have remained among the top ten sellers despite (and maybe because?) of the German's lack of interest in them.

The reception of the new '08 minivans will be critical to the success of the New Chrysler. And how about that lifetime powertrain warranty! It will be interesting to see how the New Chrysler promotes what is possibly their most valuable legacy (over 10,000,000 sold!).

Reply to
Kevin Wolford

My daughter has had a Fusion for over a year now. It's been just great!

Reply to
Dwain G.

I believe the fusion and milan to be a volvo chassis with all-wheel drive? I have friends with subaru and they will not own anything else, I find the seating uncomfortable.

Reply to
oldcarfart

Reply to
randee