Cleaning Upholstery Tip

Found this while looking at Chevy truck stuff, thought I would pass it along:

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I wonder if that will get out axle grease??? I worked on one of th eAvanti last year and had some axle grease on my butt...and of course, I jumped into my SuperCrew and left a big smear of it across the driver's seat! I've tried all kinds of stuff on it, including Oxy-Clean and every upholstery cleaner know to man...so far NOTHING has made any difference!

Bob (thank goodness Trish has leather upholstery > Found this while looking at Chevy truck stuff, thought I would pass it > along:

Reply to
Bigbob62

Try WD 40 for grease stains,it works, more tips here:

Bigbob62 wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Brake clean works very well on grease spots. Spray it on a Q-tip or a small detail (tooth) brush, follow with upholstery shampoo.

Reply to
Dwain G.

I tried it, amazing. It actually cleaned the stitches back to the white they were years ago.

Reply to
Bill Glass

The upholstery shop on wheels that comes by the shop, takes the covers off, and throws them in the washing machine, works great too.

Jim Turner

Reply to
Jim Turner