Cruise to BC.

We took a "relocation" cruise from San Diego to Vancouver. My first time in western Canada, but not my last. Tried to recruit new members for SDC pasengers hailing from Sydney (Aust) and Kamloops (BC) during the cruise. I think that I impressed the second guy with a knowledge of BC (gained here) despite never having been there. Good example of Stude-dom comunications..

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Robert Black

Don't you recall my mentioing my admiration of the logo for Ontario Hydro-electric (and the bug-smeared windscreen through whhich I saw it)? Then there was the mention of Mr Irving and his vast business holdings, Getting the Studebaker parts (made in Red China, but picked up from SASCO, perhaps) into the US on my way back from the worlds fair in Montreao. the disappointment l felt whan I found that the Schooner Ale I had loved so much in it's homeland had been "modified to suit American tatsts" when it was shipped to Boston? (I still shudder about that.) I never did mention the comment about my pronouncation of St. Denis in Quebec nor climbing the cobblestione hills of Halifax.

Folks - please visit Eastern Canada and stay with Robert. He will be the perfect host and May / June / July is delightful.

. Robert Black wrote:

Reply to
midlant