62 GT dismantling question

I am in the process of parting out (dismantling) a 1962 GT. I would like to know what years and body styles will the hood interchange with and also the years that the trunk would interchange.

Reply to
jchatfield

The hood is a correct fit for all Hawks from 1957-62 however if it is to be used on the 57-58 Golden Hawk must have a hole in it to accomodate the supercharger plus an additional fiberglass hood scoop. It will fit 56 but is a bit different as the 56's have a smaller bubble like hood scooped stamped into it as opposed to longer stamping of the 57-62's. The trunk lid will fit all

56-64,however the true 56 trunk lid has a larger lock hole opening and the 64 is a completely different looking animal but of the same species. Call me or e-mail me as I am in need of some parts. 304-723-5253. I will return your brief phone call and we can talk on my time. jimmijim
Reply to
jimmijim8

A 62 hood is technically unique to a '62 Hawk only, but will fit on any earlier model. The trunk will fit any 57-63 model, but will need to have the overlay mounting holes filled for use on 57-61 models. Where are you located, & what are you asking for them?

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn.
Reply to
Barry

yeah, what Barry said. The difference in the hoods is that the '62 hood does not have provisions for the chrome "scoop" on top and a couple of the mounting holes are different for the grille, otherwise they are identical to the 57-61 hoods and are a functional replacement for a '56 hood as well.

nate

Barry wrote:

Reply to
N8N