decode this please

just brought home a new ride. unlike many of you I have room and money for only one at a time, sold the four door daytona and got me a 64 two door hard top daytona, yes I know all about hard top noise and flex. mine does neither at this time, a plus. I have the car on stands now and am checking it all over, the engine block stamp reads vm325. v%9, m =the month and 3 = year and 25 day.per the shop manuel.

I have only ten fingers but m is the 13th month? so is this jan 64? why would that not be v A 4 25? what is this? if it was jan 65 would't it be vm525? I dunno. anybody got a good guess?Rich

Reply to
am not r2

November 25, 1963... 259 V-8

The letters "I" and "L" were not used in the nubering system

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

There is no "I" month, so it's Dec 63

am not r2 wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Hell, didn't know about the L month being deleted too, you sure ?

Lee wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
transtar60xxx

That is a pretty car. As much as you hear about rattles and flex (My '59 hardtop did both, a lot, but I think rusty floors were a major part of that) I you look at pictures of the factory Studebaker that ran the Shell 4000 and Trans-Canadian Rallies in the early '60's, many were hard tops. Go figure. Joe Roberts

Reply to
itraseecab

thanks guys. I reread the entire page this time and sure enough they skipped those letters. thanks again,rich

Reply to
am not r2

Reply to
dwcars