Deep-N-Hock Follies (ot)

The ordeal has started in earnest.... Packing has begun. We emptied out the two attic storage areas and put that stuff in the now
vacant garage bay. The yellow POS has been banished to Lloyd's for the duration, with a threat of pink paint looming large. There are boxes everywhere! I am hiding in the shop trying to finish a manifold project for a customer, and get Bud's truck ready for him to pick up tomorrow. Then the shop starts getting packed. That'll take three weeks all by itself. More as this process unfolds.. Jeff

We want to move, but before we even go looking, I want to make this place more presentable. For the hell of it Ellen cleaned out and sorted out the stuff in the garage. I cannot even imagine what it would take to packup what is in the garage, much less the office. My sympathies.
BG

When we move we are having a auction.Aside from a few parts and even less personal momentos the rest can go live somewhere else.
Bob40

The prospect of moving is scary for me. I have too much crap. I know that Texas, especially the Houston area, is not likely to be a place we can inhabit long term, and real estate in more desirable areas of the country is increasing in price as fast as I am getting older, and the present would be the best time to start preparing for a move, but I am too busy & too lazy to make the effort. That grueling process is one of the reasons that this group has not been graced by the presence of Bo Markham in recent months. Preparing a new residence, getting the old place ready to sell, & packing & moving all of the stuff can keep you busy full-time+ for months when you have a large amount of cars, equipment ,& parts. BH

I think that it can be safely stated that you have much more than "too much crap." I have never seen so many cars "resting" in so small a space...
JT
(And I have a lofty goal of cutting back to just two cars!)
Barry wrote:

Barry wrote:

I plan on staying where I am for the time being. the rent is right, and I just moved in a 105 pound 27 inch color tv last night.
girlfriend and her dad both agree "we don't wanna move THAT again anytime soon."
not much of a tv. <G>
--
thanks,
Jerry Forrester
Jerry Forrester wrote:

I was gonna buy a 24 inch. for a little bit more, I got a 27 inch.......
and 20 pounds heavier
FWIW: When preparing to leave England, I moved from a three bedroom house w/ garage into a one-bedroom apartment.
Boxes crowded the LR so that I couldn't see the TV without craining. Over five months, through normal work and one eye operation, I whittled things down to something reasonable so that it all fit into a 10' x 10' x 8' container, IIRC.
There was a paper, bottles and metal recycling collection complex nearby, which helped.
Karl