Deep-N-Hock Follies (ot)

The ordeal has started in earnest.... Packing has begun. We emptied out the two attic storage areas and put that stuff in the now vacant garage bay. The yellow POS has been banished to Lloyd's for the duration, with a threat of pink paint looming large. There are boxes everywhere! I am hiding in the shop trying to finish a manifold project for a customer, and get Bud's truck ready for him to pick up tomorrow. Then the shop starts getting packed. That'll take three weeks all by itself. More as this process unfolds.. Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

We want to move, but before we even go looking, I want to make this place more presentable. For the hell of it Ellen cleaned out and sorted out the stuff in the garage. I cannot even imagine what it would take to packup what is in the garage, much less the office. My sympathies.

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass

When we move we are having a auction.Aside from a few parts and even less personal momentos the rest can go live somewhere else.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
Barry

I think that it can be safely stated that you have much more than "too much crap." I have never seen so many cars "resting" in so small a space...

JT

(And I have a lofty goal of cutting back to just two cars!)

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I plan on staying where I am for the time being. the rent is right, and I just moved in a 105 pound 27 inch color tv last night.

girlfriend and her dad both agree "we don't wanna move THAT again anytime soon."

Reply to
betrtimes

not much of a tv.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

I was gonna buy a 24 inch. for a little bit more, I got a 27 inch.......

and 20 pounds heavier

Reply to
betrtimes

FWIW: When preparing to leave England, I moved from a three bedroom house w/ garage into a one-bedroom apartment.

Boxes crowded the LR so that I couldn't see the TV without craining. Over five months, through normal work and one eye operation, I whittled things down to something reasonable so that it all fit into a 10' x 10' x 8' container, IIRC.

There was a paper, bottles and metal recycling collection complex nearby, which helped.

Karl

betrtimes wrote:

Reply to
midlant