Differential fluid question.

I have a Dana model 44, 3.73 gears that I need to fill with differential fluid for my 65 commander, since I have changed the ring and pinion. What weight and type do you suggest? I am sending but not recieving through the NG... I have to go on line to Google to recieve... I'll check with my ISP. Regards to all, M. Moss

63Champ 65Commander
Reply to
Mike M.

Per Ted Harbit's recommendation I have used Redline Heavy Shockproof in a couple Twin Traction units and haven't noticed any problems. If you are using a TT rear, I would either use the Redline or other fluid specifically indicated for limited slip differentials (GL-6) or else a GL-5 with some limited slip additive added (if your FLAPS doesn't carry it, a GM dealer should.) If it's an open rear any quality GL-5 should be fine.

good luck,

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel