??brake backing for 65 stude question??

Hi all,

Just need to know if the rear backing plate of a 65 can be made to work on the front of a 65 stude..? I know I would need to take the Emergency cable out... what else... if possible??

Also... on a 59- 62 lark... the rear end is a 3.73 and on the same tag are the numbers: 41-11 what are those numbers??? model??? I am Duh on these numbers... Thanks, Mike M.

63Champ 65 Commander
Reply to
Mike M.

On the backing plate, it wont work. The rear backing plate, should be 1 inch smaller than the front.

41-11. Divide 41 by 11 and should work out to 3.7272727272 etc IOW 3.73 ratio.
Reply to
Transtar60

OK on the backing plate and the rear end ratio... That info will help be greatly...

Now I will be looking for a set of backing plates for 65 fronts...

Thanks a lot! C U later, Regards, Mike M.

63Champ 65Commander
Reply to
Mike M.

well... I took the wheels and drums off today and whaaaala... nothing under the drum... they had been scavenged.. don't know by who...and are gone...

These would need to be for a V8... it had a 283 V8 in it. thanks Nate, Mike M.

63Champ
Reply to
Mike M.

Hey Mike,

What do you need in backing plates? 10" (six cylinder) or 11" (V-8) I have both here.

Reply to
Lee

Reply to
blacklarkviii