Forum down

I at first thought that my rebuttal post to 55s had caused the SDC forum to crash but I guess not. A fellow was saying unflattering things about American made products and I called him on the carpet about it. I think I hurt his feelings as he sent me a private e-mail saying I was out of line in my remarks on the forum to him and said I should have commented privately to him. I am not sorry or ashamed of my remarks to you sir and do further concede that the forum is not the place to air complaints about American made products vs. accolades for foreign manufacturers. I'm not going to pass off bull-chit judgement calls on the forum about any American manufacturer nor should anybody. Some things are just not in good taste. Someone may get a misconstrued conception, thus causing undue harm to some individuals being directly or indirectly affected by negative comments. Your neighbor, my cousin, your brother ,his brother in law. American workers. If I had even remotely thought my comment was {not offensive to you} I would have sent you a private e-mail. It is to be taken with 1/2 grain of salt and certainally applies to some others on the SDC forum. Part of my reason for posting directly as a comment was to let others know that I and others don't appreciate American product bashing on the forum. I hope one day it will be against forum policy as is politics. jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim8

Well, Jim, I'm kind of ticked that you chose a thread that I started, to go off on a rant against ONE guy that chose to report on HIS personal experiences with a vehicle incorporating the engine in question. I think you were out of line.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

I owned TWO Vegas that gave me good service.

One was a used rusted-out hulk from Pennsylvania, but the running gear in the thing was bullet-proof!

Dave Miller

Reply to
South Ga. 62 Cruiser