Global warming about face. O.T.

"The president treats climate change very seriously and recognizes the role of greenhouse gases in climate change".

Who'd have thunk it ?

Reply to
John Poulos

I did my part for the environment today. I did not drive any of my vehicles. The wife and I spent a fantastic afternoon out on a beautiful trail ride behind the property. Slow, simple, and relaxing.. And best of all... No internet on horseback!

Reply to
Jeff Rice

All I can say, is if this is indeed Gobal Warming, I like it. It has never been this WARM in NYC in December in (supposedly) 126 years

Someone spoke of a calm Atlantic Ocean making the Pacific Northwest go nuts. Here in the Tri-state area they are saying that the Jet Stream has taken a different route this Fall and Winter, pulling arctic air down over the center of the US and leaving the East Coast with rather mild weather. On my birthday in 1947 NY had he largest blizard ever recorded. I was three back then and still have memories of it.

But I will take Global Warming if and when it does come.

Reply to
Bill Glass

Reply to
John Poulos

Were you aware that China was still buiding coal fired steam engines for their railroads until a few years ago. One of those Chinese built steam engines is used by a tourist railroad here in the Northeast. South Africa still uses steam engines.

Reply to
Bill Glass

We have been in the 50's (highs) most of this week. That is of little significance. Oklahoma is getting rain tonight. Oklahoma is getting RAIN! Now, that is NEWS!

Reply to
Dave's Place

Really? Imagine what would have happed to the environment if Americans had bought 18,000,000 horses, every year for the past ten years, instead of cars and trucks LOL

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Well, for one thing, there would be no meat shortage in France....

"Mike Hunter" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Which simply put means that the earth is warming and this is a way to deal with certain affected components.

It's the zealots that wish to change that which cannot be changed, I.E. global warming itself. Cyclical change has much more inertia that mankind can overcome...

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

But were them hosses diapered???

JT

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Pampered... yes Diapered.......no ..

"Grumpy AuC> But were them hosses diapered???

Reply to
Jeff Rice

yeah, its ANOTHER of those 'super volcanos', but a bit smaller, something like 35 by 45 miles in size.. funny thing, a lake out there has altered its shore line within the last 2 years, and they had to close a LOT of the park down, due to the ground surface being over 220 degrees..

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

I believe that the Yellowstone is considered one of if not the largest of seven worldwide super volcanoes. Then there are the other three which are located in the US...

JT

snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire