handy problem solver for you modern AFB guys

was at PEp Boys on Sat. picking up some grease and stopped to look in the shiny stuff section to see if there was anything new and exciting... they had a "Spectre" brand knockoff of the Russell chrome steel fuel line with banjo fitting for the new AFB's, it was only about $10 and better yet, it has a port for a fuel gauge and an NPT fitting on the end instead of an AN fitting. Of course I bought one. Might help if you are using an air cleaner with a severe "drop" to it.

Also saw some real cheap (also $10 range) Chevy valve cover gskets with the steel insert, I might buy a pair of those for my aluminum valve covers, the stock neoprene ones won't stay glued to the covers... tried both permatex and the purple gasket cement stuff...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Pat Drnec

it's in JP's garage, and I couldn't find it on Spectre's web site either, they showed one with a hose barb that is similar.

nate

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
N8N

How is it different than the one Jeff Rice had in the Ford engine he was working on:

When I've got $50 burning a hole in my pocket I think one of these is going on my Hawk.

Lee

***
Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I can't see the pics from work, but if he's using the product that I imagine he is, the only difference is that the one I bought has a large female NPT fitting in a hex-shaped piece at the end rather than a male AN fitting, and also there's a 1/4" NPT pressure gauge port with a pipe plug on the hex. And it's about $40 cheaper. Since my car is in approximately a billion pieces right now (and quite a few of those are awaiting their turn in the degrease/derust/paint/reassemble process) I can't tell you how well it works but it looks like it will work just fine, and it makes me happy to have a solid piece of steel from the fuel pump to the carb (I will just thread a male NPT to female double flare fitting into the end of it, bend a line, and keep on rollin')

I guess at some point I will have to redo the line to the fuel tank with 3/8" and also add a return line, since this is not going to be a concours car I will just use the disposable Chrysler filter unless someone comes up with a correct R1 fuel filter for me for cheap.

nate

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
N8N

Yup, that's what I thought it was (was able to see pics now that I'm on a non-Big Brother equipped computer) this new line doesn't come with a built in filter though.

nate

N8N wrote:

Reply to
N8N