historic lark fs

FYI see link, I know nothing of these cars. Russ

rustynutgarage

They belong to a SDC member and NG'er.

rustynutgarage wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Why doesn't someone just buy that 100,000th Lark and do something with it? Raffle it off at Reedsville... or take the VIN numbers off it and put it on a decent body if the car is a rustbucket... just don't tell anyone. For an "historic" vehicle, this thing sure gets kicked around a lot and can't be given away for $1500.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I sure wish they would! You are right, I can't give it away with the other car as well. I don't want to go into the reasons why this is up for sale again. Let's just say life hasn't turned out the way I have hoped. It also includes the complete running 59 lark wagon regal V8 that would have everything needed to do the 100,000th lark. I am getting rid of everything because I have to.

The museam is not > Why doesn't someone just buy that 100,000th Lark and do something with it?

Reply to
bob m

Why the museum doesn't want it is confusing to me. If nothing else, you'd think they'd want the VIN tag. Has it ever been listed in the Turning Wheels classifieds? You'd think that would get the non-computer people's interest and also have them start asking why the museum doesn't buy it.

Hasn't this thing been on E-Bay already with little interest?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I"d love to see some or all of the Internet Clubs money that is just sitting and the extra money from the CD Rom go somewhere like that. Someone has to spend it before we forget it's there.

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

How about if I buy it, the IC club contributes, y'all help out with whatever body parts are needed and I'll donate it to the museum when it's done. I have a great paint & body shop next door and my Stude helper does a great engine rebuilding job. If it needs running gear I have some spare motors and transmissions laying around.

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Pat I think that is an admirable offer. I bet that JP could pesaude Dennis at SASCO and Ed at SI to donate some needed parts. Ron

Reply to
Ron Butts

I concur and would donate a nos part or two if requested.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob

How is this?I'll donate the first 100 if Pat buys it.

Reply to
robertlieder

Apparently, someone "flagged" the ad and it's been removed from the Craig'sList.

Bob

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Bigbob62

Reply to
bob m

I think you violated their TOS by posting a link.

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
bob m

Since someone posted a link, they may have picked it up and killed the listing. (just guessing)

bob m wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

I think those who be at Craigslist are probably a bunch of nutjobs to begin with. They're repeatedly killing off sites where people combine all of their search lists so you can search the entire US at one time... crazedlist.org is the only one I know of that's still around. That's how I bought my '65 Chevy truck... but not the preferred method according to the SF nutjobs. They'd rather I have searched through each individual city's Craigslist.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Well, I posted the cars individually on Craigs List again with a couple of bad pics but you will get the idea very quickly. Either I sell them or just don't worry about it and when I am gone, the wife will just call someone to haul them off for $35.00 each. I won't have to worry about it at all.

Bob Miles Tucson AZ

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
bob m