Hopeless

I have a diesase this time of year, and in the spring too. I'm a caraholic, and i'm having withdrawl symtoms. I'm in search of a fix. I need to buy a car now. This week. By the wknd! I have found two very likely candidates. One is a 1953 Packard ambulance, not a hearse. It looks like a large 2dr delivery wagon. It's in kind of tough shape, but something so very rare. The other car i'm drooling over is a brand X so to speak. It's a

1959 Rambler with 45k miles on it. Absolutely no rust, and perfect interior, but it does not run after sitting 20 some years. (I could use some suggestions on how to possibly free the engine up) It truly belonged to a little old man in north dakota, and the guy that is selling it is desperite to get rid of it cuz it got towed to a storage place and they are charging him $25+/day. I have always been an orphan car lover. Packards, Studes, AMC, flower cars, el camino's, and the list goes on. My most favorite car would be a 1956 Packard Carribean convertable. It would take the lottery to buy one of those beauties. If i did win the lottery i would be like another jay leno. There are just so many cars out there and not enough time or money. Champagne taste on cheap beer budget. I will update with pics this wknd. I still don't if i'm gonna buy both or just one. Oh well, so much for ramblings of a

mad man.

Reply to
Pckstude

I hear you brother!! Jim

Reply to
jimandkathiekrise

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Buying the cars is only a small part of the disease, it's also what you do once you get them. Take the 52 Starliner I just bought. It needed brake work and not only was all the 52 brake stuff expensive, the brakes were only 9 inch, so I'm converting to Hawk front and rears. I swear I hear a slight rod knock, so now that I have big brakes, maybe I should swap in a 289 I have laying around, wait, maybe the 425 Caddy. You get the idea.

satdoc2 via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

If you HAVE to buy one of the 2 cars, go with the Rambler, easier to sell latter on. bigger market. Or dont buy either one and finish what you have, Advice from a guy with 19 PROJECTS and 4 RUNNING cars, + a bracket racer. You go broke keeping batteries, antifreeze, oil tires in them, Not to mention going to a swap meet and trying to find parts for which car your working on this week

The life of a die hard car guy.

11 Studes 3 Henry Js 1 Crosley pick up (round side) 2 Buicks 47- 70 1 street rod 34 Ford 1 79 Malibu

Bob Whiten Wagonmaster

Wagonmaster

I think the old car disease is related to diarrhea...it runs in your jeans.

Reply to
Loy Daniel

Cure? Who wants a cure?

Reply to