Hurst shifter woes, or all I want is a functional car.

Got my Hurst from Jeg's today; I think Hurst is having some QC issues. The 1-2 shift rod is bent all wrong; fortunately "my" old '62 Daytona is still here, I pulled the same rod off that car and while it is stamped with the same part no. it is bent in different places. That one works, the new one doesn't. Better call Thibeault and make him aware of that issue... Maybe this is why they were on backorder?

nate

(and I thought I was being SO SMART by setting up the shifter before dropping the engine in... well I guess it was smart, if I were trying to figure this out laying on my back, I would be beyond pissed!)

Reply to
N8N

Turn it around.

Reply to
Dave Lester

an idea, but no... one end is threaded and one is just bent over, so that's not the issue...

nate

Reply to
N8N