Omaha

Well, as usual, my life is full of uncertainties. The new guy reports to work on the 5th of Sept... but, the commission extended my contract through the 15th, so that I can bring the new guy up to speed. Omaha has been an outside chance since I took the interim job. Now, it appears I may have as little as 8 days to prepare for the event. I had intended to spend the summer preparing myself and both Studes for the meet. However, with night meetings, 100+ degree temps, etc., that simply has not happened. It doesn't feel right, heading off to an International meet unprepared.

Nonetheless, I registered tonight. Had to take a smoking room. YUCK! Registered both vehicles, but don't know yet that I can pull that off. Due to this year's theme, "Trucking to Omaha," I sure would like to haul the coupe there with the Transtar!

Probably should have just booked a room, and drove a Brand X to Omaha. Much less work and stress! But, I'm an idiot!

I booked from Sunday the 24th through Friday the 29th, because it is possible that Milton Jones (South Central Zone Board Member) may not be able to make it. If he does not, I need to make the board meeting, as Zone representative. I hope Milton makes it... first and foremost, because that would mean his health has improved. Secondly, I would not have to leave home until Tuesday... which would allow for more prep time, and save several dollars.

I have until the 22nd to back out, in case something goes south.

I guess it's time to ask... who else is planning to make it to Omaha?

Reply to
Dave's Place

Life is too short to miss Studebaker Intl meets. I am stuck with a smoking room, too :-(. Will pack some air freshener, & room will most likely be tolerable after the first day or 2. Don't worry about perfection, just come & enjoy yourself. Make the bst preparations you can make without stressing yourself out- this is supposed to be fun. We will be glad to see you & your Studes just as you are. If getting everything perfectly prepared in advance of a meet were a big criteron with me, I wouldn't make a hell of a lot of meets!

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"
Reply to
Barry

Dave Ill be there with my 53 Coupe and like you I would like to trailer it and pull it with the one ton but with gas prices the way they are Ill just drive the coupe. Hope to see you there.

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser

Yessiree! I want to go to Omaha so bad... I even put my house up for sale ... Then, of all things... The house sells with an August 31st closing date.... Moving a 13 year collection of Studebaker stuff (after the ten year collection got moved after that ten year collection got moved) is daunting. Just packing has become a full time job. Finding a place to live has also been a real estate roller coaster. I can't see just getting moved in and taking off for a 1400 mile road trip for a car show (I hate to phrase it that way, but I have to).. But, on the bright side, South Bend is only 10 months away! Jeff (There are some secret thoughts about an airline ticket for Thursday through Saturday) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

It should be mandantory that you bring the one ton... that truck showing up to visit me is what flung a cravin' on me for a truck! BTW, how is that youngster doing?

Reply to
Dave Lester

DO IT! Honestly, you will be past due, and in need of a break about that time.

Reply to
Dave Lester

Reply to
GTtim

ME!

Reply to
Rick Courtier

Yea Dave I would like to bring the one ton but its not in the cards this time.As a matter of fact I have been thinking of selling it. I need to thin the herd. The only problem is I don't want to sell any of them. Randy is doing OK . He moved into town and is now on his own more or less.

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser

I remember that truck, & glad to hear your son is going well.

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"
Reply to
Barry

I will be there. I am arriving mid-day on Monday and will leave sometime the next weekend. I lucked out and am staying with relatives that live not too far from the meet headquarters. Does anybody know about parking for those of us not staying at the meet hotel? Is anybody else going on the trip to Lincoln and Speedway Motors on Wednesday? Kinda hoping somebody I know is going at the same time. See ya'll there. Oh, and Dave. I'll be sorely disappointed if you don't make it.

Joe (I'm com> Well, as usual, my life is full of uncertainties. The new guy reports to

Reply to
itraseecab

Reply to
itraseecab

Thanks, Joe.

I WILL try!

I enjoyed your company before, and look forward to it again!

Reply to
Dave's Place