It's still there

Go to Google maps, select satellite, paste in this address

32104 State Road 2, New Carlisle, IN 46552

click "search"

Reply to
Dan Timberlake

Thanks Dan, that's beautiful. Really holding up well, isn't it? Two summers ago, just passing through, I drove my son to the site without telling him first. The parking signs say "Letters R,E,K,A" (right arrow), "Letters D,U,T,S" (left arrow). It took just a second for the nickel to drop, and then his jaw did the same. We also stood at the spot in front of the mansion where Sherwood Egbert came out in his bathrobe to see the Avanti. The big "S" is still there on the Bendix test garage, too. Representin'.

So from space, there's the Great Wall of China, the porch lights of Adelaide, and the Studebaker sign...

CTL was a Studebaker subsidiary. The satellite that took that picture may have Studebaker parts in it.

Reply to
comatus

Looks like a dumping area between the buildings and track...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire