Another World-Famous Martinsburg Atlantic Zone Meet

One week from tomorrow another world-famous Martinsburg Zone Meet opens. It's not too late to sign up. Go to:

for an on-line registration form (must be pre-registered to be judged). We currently have registrations from as far as Georgia, Indiana, New England and Canada. Ted Harbit is planning to be here with Chicken Hawk.This year's meet is being held at the Comfort Inn, 1872 Edwin Miller Blvd, Martinsburg, WV (less than 1/2 mile off I-81 at the northernmost Martinsburg exit). We have a VERY large parking lot for our exclusive use. The meet hotel is sold out, but there are numerous other motels close by. See:
. Closest are the Knight's Inn, Quality Inn and Super 8 (same exit).Schedule is: Friday- Registration, Noon to 8 pm, excellent catered barbeque 5pm to 9pm, famous Newsgroup parking lot bull sessions whenever to whenever Saturday- Registration, vendor setup 8am to 10am, judging 11 am to ..., cash bar 6:30pm, awards banquet (limited to 300) 7pm, more famous Newsgroup parking lot bull sessions after banquet until whenever. Sunday- trip to nearby Antietam National Battlefield Park 10 am We will have a large hospitality room Friday and Saturday with snacks and soft drinks. A trolley shuttle will run most all day Saturday to the Marrtinsburg Mall and to downtown attractions. And, we will have overnight security both Friday and Saturday nights (Reserve Sheriff's Deputies in patrol cars). For those of you not familiar with Martinsburg- it is in the northeastern tip of West Virginal fewer than 100 miles from either Washington, DC or Baltimore, MD and fewer than 20 miles to either Virginia or Maryland on I-81. It is NOT the West Virginal you might expect (think John Denver and "Almost Heaven"). The long range weather forecast for Friday, July 21 is a high of 86 and a low of 67 with scattered showers possible, Saturday is expected to be 86 and 66 with mostly cloudy skies. Don't worry about rain. It always goes around our meet. See you there, Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

If I had not seen Martinsburg myself to see how pretty it was I would have believed most of WV like Bluefield. Bubba Tuttle lives in Bluefield but just started new job at the animal rendering plant and has no paid time off but he says with the pickings available his grocery bill is cut in half and they have a free smoked hog meal at work every day too!, he is one happy boy and still drives his 1959 Lark

4 door with the twin turbo'd flathead six and 3 speed OD on the column.

Paul Johns> One week from tomorrow another world-famous Martinsburg Zone Meet opens.

Reply to
oldcarfart

Reply to
itraseecab

Jeez! You would have to mention old B.T. again. Look for a LONG thread . Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Damned spell checker! It isn't "Virginal" (make that Virginia).

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I'll betcha a lot more people would vacation in West Virginal than in West Virginia... Jeff (separate vacations maybe...) Rice

"Paul Johns> Damned spell checker! It isn't "Virginal" (make that Virginia).

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Could be worse, he could mention DD.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Just learned that Ted Harbit won't be able to make it after all. Sorry. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I was stationed in "Nofucka Virginal"

Paul Johns> > One week from tomorrow another world-famous Martinsburg Zone Meet opens.

Reply to
oldcarfart

I normally attend two or more Zone Meets, including Northeast and Atlantic. This year, the Atlantic and Northeast Zone Meets are on the same weekend. I decided to go to the Zone Meet for the Zone that I reside in, the Northeast Zone. I have been to Martinsburg before and will miss it. I seem to know about the same number of people wherever I go to an SDC meet.

Reply to
studegary

I'm already registered. Will be there sat morning. Looking forward to meeting all of you. Jeff (the other Jeff)

Reply to
Jeff Sheaffer