Making up for a bad winter

I have been bustin' my ass the last couple weeks trying real hard to make up for lost time due to cold weather and also trying to loose some of the winter "dunlap" I accumulated.. waiting on a block to come back from the machine shop so I took in some small stuff and did some much needed work on some of my own. Today I got a good 'un...a Hawk I know well is in with some funny noises... Go forward and stop...roll roll roll KLUNK...back up and the same thing...hmmm.....searched the trunk, under the seat, etc....nothing! Then I remember the owner telling me how he and/or local 'technician' put a new sender in the tank..and he was proud that that fixed his gauge without a trip to see me... It all became clear...those guys have dropped something into the gas tank...and whatever it is it is rolling back and forth... This will be interesting to see...... I 'm betting a socket or a screwdriver.... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Is the Caraway project FINALLY DONE???

My arms are tired from manual Cruiser steering!

Dave

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser
Reply to
Studebaker George

George.. If the Carraway car will be done and at Cairo, I'll be there! Guess this will give me an excuse to drive down so you can see my yet- to-be-picked-up Fordabaker.

MB

Reply to
mbstude

Well...for those not following the 'milk and honey' forum...the thing in the tank turned out to be...A SINKER! That's right, a fishing sinker tossed in there in a misguided attempt at adding lead to the gas... Yeah.. right...I don't have a good enough imagination to make this up..I recon it is a 'redneck octane booster"...LOL.. I 'fished' it out.... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

I have some customers that would try that if they ever thought of it. (G) Lamar

Reply to
wbutler