Need gas tank for my Sky Hawk

Feel really stupid about this. . . I had my gas tank all preped and really for paint when I decided to get a few simple push in dents out of the bottom of the gas tank. So remembering that someone on the newgroup mention about using air to remove dents from gas tanks I thought I would give it a try. Will I closed up the filler hole and got my air hose going in the line and just started filling with air within 2 seconds I spot a small line of gas/water coming from the metal of the tank I looked closer and thought now I'm going to have to fix that at this point is was 15 second or less from starting to fill the tank. I glance at the tank and too late it was bulging beyond repair. DAMN, I feel like shit now. . .pissing away a very nice tank just because I took my mind off what I was really doing. Any one have a nice (no dents gas tank for my 56 Sky Hawk for sale cheap or at leasr reasonable. And semi rust free too, mine was in great shope but now it looks like a f****ng pillow. Damn, I'm really stupid but we all knew that.

Thanks for the help!

Reply to
Rick Courtier

Can't get emails over the weekend so just post on the newsgroup if you got a gas tank for me.

Thanks! Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk 1956 Transtar 2E 12 1905 Farm Wagon

Membership: SDC

Chapters: Central Florida Chapter North Central Florida Chapter Husker Chapter

Reply to
Rick Courtier

You should be able to "re compress" that tank. Sandwich it between two sheets of plywood and step (carefully) on the top sheet and work it back into shape.

JT

(Who did the same thing with his old Lark (pushed the trunk floor up) but left it alone because it could carry nearly twenty gallons!)

Rick Courtier wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Well this is my frame off back to stock and I been picky up to this point with it and I was getting anal with the small dents and really it buckle the tank at the seems. I only want to use this tank if I can not find a better one which I know better. I will be trying to straigten this one but to use as a back up for later.

Reply to
Rick Courtier

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Bring it to the Nude Car Show tomorrow.

Reply to
Rick Courtier

Funny you should mention that. I asked Carrie if she wanted to run down to that show and she said no, because she had a 'butterface'... I said "Huh?" She said that people would talk.. People would say "She has a nice body, butterface is bad"... Wimmen... Go figure Jeff

"Rick Courtier" wrote...

"Jeff Rice" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Well did you then say, "Well then can I go by myself?"

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

She been hanging around John too long. . . You will be able to Lloyd's new boat car. He got this car just to be able to go to the Nude car show. I'm glad it's not a studebaker but interesting in its own way. Don't forget the gas tank.

Reply to
Rick Courtier