Newbie's plight

Every now and then I get a phone call from a Studebaker owner that is restoring a car in a "vacuum". They aren't in the club, don't use the Net, they are on their own. Just had one such phone call and it was painful to listen to the guy. He is restoring a 48 4 door, just spent a bundle getting the rusty frame acid dipped and Rhino coated, the car is in a 1000 pieces and he's has to be 10K in already before chrome, interior and paint work. He paying through the nose to get things like a master cylinder sleeved when a NOS one is $50. He's never seen another

48 4 door, so he assumes he'll be fine after he's 20K or more into the car.
Reply to
John Poulos

midlant

Reply to
John Poulos

The guys that get me are the ones who know there is a club, but don't want to join until they have their project all done and ready for Pebble Beach. 'Course, they never get it done.

Frank Starr Seattle

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
fstarr