NOS parts

Yesterday I got a phone call from a fellow looking for a NOS orange interior for a Avanti. When I tried to explain that those were long gone

20 years ago and that I was working on a close modern match, he insisted that he had to have NOS. He then went on to explain how rare and valuable his Avanti was and how much he was spending on a restoration at $85/hour. Seems he's in over 100K so far, hope it's a nice car.

JP/Maryland Studebaker On the Net

My Ebay items:
R2 4 speed Challenger (Plain Wrapper)63 R2 4 speed GT Hawk63 Avanti R1

62 Lark 2 door 60 Hawk 53 Starlight
Reply to
John Poulos

Young Captain

What was rare about his Avanti John? Did Sherwood Egbert get busy in the back seat of it?

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Reply to
John Poulos

Maybe you should have told him how much you want to get out of the one you just got.......he would probably had a stroke while you were talking to him.

Reply to
Studebaker Kid

Hey!!!

I think my R2 4sped is pretty exceptional....

But not at $100k

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Did Sherwood Egbert get busy in

At 6'4" or whatever he was, Sherwood Egbert would never fit in the back seat of an Avanti!!!

Craig

Reply to
studebaker8

Hey! Getting in and out might not be a piece of cake...but I'm 6'4" and I can sit comfortably in the back seat of an Avanti. If I remember correctly, Loy and maybe even Dave sat in the back of mine and Dave might not be considered 'tall' but Loy is over 6' and is a pretty good-sized guy!

Of course, I've never "gotten busy" in the BACK seat...at least not yet!

Reply to
Bigbob62

I know one can sit upright in an Avanti, but I don't think he was talking about sitting.... I would assume "busy in the back seat" would involve trying to lie across, which would be rather tight, I would think!!!

Craig

Reply to
studebaker8