NOS STUDEBAKER HAWK GRILL

$610.00 with 14 hours to go. Any guess as to what this one will close at?

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

John Poulos

I read the article by Joe Parsons about his 1958 Golden Hawk (cover car June 2006 TW)

It says on page 16 that in 1968 he got a bank loan for $500.00 to buy all the parts to someday restore the car. This included most of the chrome from bumper to bumper. Can you imagine what that would cost today and what your wife would say if you went and got a loan at the bank to buy it if you could?

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

When I got my '53 Commander Starliner (1966) I was able to buy parts directly from (the original) SASCO. NOS grille surrounds were the most expensive trim parts I bought and they were $22 each including postage. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Reply to
mbstude

Wow! I wish that I could have gotten that kind of action on the perfect '62 Hawk grill shell I had on ebay recently! I never even got a bid, & opening bid was far less than that.

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"
Reply to
Barry

Over the years after buying my '56 Power Hawk in 1966, I bought all the NOS stuff I came across that was reasonable (at the time). This included a NOS grill for $25 and the two side grills at $15 each. The most expensive item(s) were NOS parking lights from Fennesey back in

1978 at Reedsville.

Gawd... Those were the days!!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

It closed at $1,096.00!!!!!!!

Grumpy AuC> >

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Shoot, If I knew George had that kind of $$ to burn, I'd have charged him higher prices

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn.
Reply to
Barry

I think I'll take my NOS one off and put the driver one back on...

JT

Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Reply to
mbstude

This isn't April first Matthew...

"mbstude" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Hell, I wish I didn't have that kind of money to blow on a grille! It would have avoided me the agony of having spent the damn money on it :-) This Sky Hawk is gonna be my black hole money pit before I'm done....

-George-

63 GT Hawk 63 Champ 56 Sky Hawk 50 Packard Eight 40 Packard 120 Barry wrote:
Reply to
reichsrundfunk

Reply to
mbstude