Cadillac HT4100 engine info needed 1984 Seville HT 4100

Whats the scoop with these engines ? They were produced from 1982-89 it appears. I'm looking at a cherry 84 Cadillac Seville with the HT 4100. Car is perfect, with 85,000 miles, but the all aluminum V8 scares me. Was this what they called a 8-6-4 engine in this model of car, or was that used earlier then 1984 ?

Any idea where I can find some good 1984 specs on this car ? horsepower, weight, capcities,

Thanks ! HR

Reply to
hoganradial

Shep

No, this was not the 8-6-4 engine. These are one of the worst engines ever made by GM. Engine replacements for them from GM are discontinued now. When we get one in our shop with a blown motor....there isn't much you can do other then get a used motor...which is a waste of time as you just have another piece of crap. There are some sites on the web that attempt to explain what a great motor they were. I wouldn't buy one if I were you. And they aren't all-aluminium, the heads are cast iron, block is aluminum.

Ian

Reply to
shiden_kai