OT I-95 info needed

Heading down I-95 to FL this weekend. Been a couple of years since I made this trip so I'm looking for any and all info, what to look out for, speed traps and stuff, also best diesel prices. Anything else ya can think of. Plan on being on the road here in MA Saturday at 0400 in a attempt to clear CT NY NJ DC before it get's nasty.

Was going the inland but figure it is the weekend so no rush hour traffic.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Want to make a bet if I-95 isn't under construction in Lumberton, NC? I have never been through there when it wasn't all torn up. They like to park cop cars along there with dummies behind the wheel as well.

You might want to consider going around the mess in Washington DC , avoiding the Woodrow Wilson Bridge and the I-95 mixing bowl which are under construction. Just get off the beltway at route 5 (Branch Ave.) heading south which turns into

301 and go across the Harry Nice bridge and then take 207 down to I-95 at mile marker 104. You do have to go through Waldof but that will be the only slow part.

Take 295 around Richond, VA as well. It's about 10 miles longer but the speeds are much faster and I have never seen a cop on 295. It is very under used as well.

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Thanks for the tips.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

When ya'll come home, take I-75 north to Lima, Ohio. I'll supply the carrots.......

Denny

Reply to
Denny

Going down I-95 as far as Richmond, VA area, I've found there is virtually no escape from the traffic.

If you start out so that you miss traffic in NYC/NJ, then you end up picking it up in Baltimore/DC.

But Saturday/Sunday mornings are probably your best opportunities for avoiding the traffic jams.

Don't hit the NJ/NYC area Sunday nights though! Wow!!

Happy dieseling.

SMH

Reply to
Stephen Harding

"Roy" wrote in news:_9WdnaVQDeil1wTZnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

Jax has always been bad, so be nice going through there, especially with out of state tags. They've also been on a seatbelt kick recently, so don't get caught not wearing one. That goes from Jax down to Miami, especially down here in SoFla.

By and large, if you go with the flow they generally leave you alone. Don't let other asshole drivers (there are tons of 'em) goad you into dumb stuff either. Fuel prices suck all over the place, so just watch the signs. They do speed traps wherever/whenever, so just take it easy and you'll be fine. 7 or 8 over should be fine, but definitely watch it. They also use planes with the measured markers.

Have a good one..

Joe

Reply to
Joe

Is it a pia on Sat? Figure to be in that area around 10AM to noon?

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Sounds like a idea. How long from Lima to MA? I don't really know how much time I'll have to do a damn thing. Friggin' real estate agents can be a pia. Then there is Mom, who is now in a nursing home which is a whole other story. I've been having second thoughts about this entire trip but the doc says to do it. There isn't anything that can't be done with a fax machine. Sue and I could use a break so I'm planning on doing it. We will see.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

George likes to use helicopters hovering over the top of the hill just past the SC boarder with about a dozen state troopers lined up on the shoulder waiting for instructions.

Reply to
TBone

Bar Harbor to home in two easy days with stopping to see stuff.. I suppose you could make it in one day if you really beast hump. Wait a minute, you're asking about oily stuff. With that in mind, you'll make it in three days..

Denny

Reply to
Denny

you need that much therapy?

Reply to
Christopher Thompson

Fer cryin' out loud - will you just get in the damn truck and drive already?! :^)

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

After the month I have had, if I could get on the road now I would!

Roy

Reply to
Roy