Not Sure About Tulsa Tomorrow

I'm still planning on making the South Central Zone meet in Tulsa tomorrow, but it has been raining buckets all day, and looks like that will continue through the night. I AM NOT complaining about the rain, God knows we NEED it!!! I messed up, though... left for the Tulsa area yesterday afternoon, spent the night with #2 son and family, so that we could spend today on a field trip with #2 granddaughter. Should have thought to pull the Stude into the "regular" garage, as these storms were in the forecast... or, I should just have driven her, spent another night in the T-Town area, and then driven to the meet tomorrow. But... I did neither. :-(

From the back door of my Quonset to the paved driveway may be a quagmire in the morning. I don't mind driving my Studes in the rain... I don't like cleaning them up afterwards, but rain/storms have never kept me home. I drove through all kinds of crap on the way to Charlotte and back, and would do it again! Come to think of it, year before last Tulsa was a cold, wet affair, and most folks I knew went home sick. :-(

Anyway, for the area guys... if I don't make it tomorrow, it's either because I couldn't get there without spinning several pounds of mud into the fender wells, or if I decide to try anyway, got stuck trying. Goliath will not make it, either way. In an attempt to start getting the lovely couple ready for the International meet, I pulled his dash panel this week for some repair work, and didn't get it finished.

But, if I can get 'Sheba through the mud, we'll be there. I expect folks to be standing by with putty scrapers to help me get her ready for judging! (Driver's club, my ass... when it comes to judging.) "Uh, there is some mud up here, between the frame and body... -142 points!" I'm kidding, the Tulsa judging team is nothing like the International GT guys... I just hope I can make it to the pavement!

Reply to
Dave's Place

Well, Dave - it rained 2 years ago. I remember all the judging was done under the motel entry canopy. Maybe it will dry up a little.

Reply to
zoombot