Avanti steering gear

Hello Lee, Have you had a chance to check the ratio on the gear boxes you have? The 22.

1 ratio has 5.5 turns lock to lock. The 16.1 has 3.5. The 16.1 was evidently used on most Avanti's with PS. Allen French
Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Allen,

So far, I have found four Avanti steering columns but have not found my 'stash' of steering gears yet. I'm running out of places to look and should have an answer for you later today or tomorrow at the latest.

Reply to
Lee

Hi Allen,

In digging thru parts for South Bend, I FINALLY found the Avanti steering boxes. I have a couple here.... one from a '63 that is 3.5 turns lock to lock and one from a '71 Avanti II that appears to be the same thing.

Reply to
Lee

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com