OT Attempt at long-standing LSR

There may be an attempt on the long-standing LSR for steam-powered cars - there is even some debate as to what it is now. It seem s to be somewhere between 116 and 147, but that is debatable.

Google "Land speed record" +Steam for a variety of articles. The team will try for 150 MPH in GB this summer, with an attempt at upping that to 200 at Bonneville next summer.

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Pretty graphic's, but no car pic's... Looks just like a dream press release to start a sponsor search.... Jeff

Reply to
Deepnhock

Vaporware of the automotive world?

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Vaporware steam vehicles? Very puny Karl

Jeff DeWitt

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Oh, I do wish I could take credit for being.... Erase, Erase Erase

Yea, Jeff - I'm surprised you caught it.

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Vaporware of the automotive world?

Vaporware steam vehicles? Very puny Karl Jeff DeWitt

Oh, I do wish I could take credit for being.... Erase, Erase Erase

Karl

___________________ Karl, that project is British. It's "Vapourware." Jeeze. Speak Engrish, tloops.

Reply to
comatus

But I never heard that word when I was in GB, IIRC! KDH

Reply to
midlant