OT: car frustration update

Shewt... They've had that there thing down in Jawjuh fer years and years... No battrie's required

"Lee Aanderud" wrote..

Reply to
Jeff Rice

It's Texas... No surprise there!

JT

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I'd go in their shop and look to see which customers cars have had their engines 'borrowed' to support the Sebring race ....

"N8N" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Well, I can all but guarantee you it's not the one from my car, unless they have a "beat up daily driver" spec class :)

nate

Reply to
N8N

Didn't you use to rent Mustang GT's and Cameros on weekend?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Oops, forgot...

"Yes I will take the full coverage insurance... cause I'm going to beat the hell out of this car." Jerry Seinfeld

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I meant the Elly Mae from the 60's of course .

Last I heard she was still going around wearing the same kind of outfits she wore in the show... kind of pathetic.

Jeff DeWitt

Lee Aanderud wrote:

Reply to
Jeff DeWitt

Here's her biography...

Donna Douglas a.. Birth Name: Doris Smith b.. Genre: Gospel c.. Instrument: Vocals Biography Best known for her portrayal of tomboy Ellie Mae Clampett on the popular early-'60s television series The Beverly Hillbillies, Donna Douglas (born Doris Smith) has devoted much of her recent attention to expressing mainstream Christian beliefs. In addition to recording two albums of gospel music, Donna Douglas Sings Gospel and Donna Douglas Sings Country and Gospel Back on the Mountain, Douglas has authored a children's book, Donna's Critters and Kids: Children's Stories With a Bible Touch.

Born in the small town of Pride, LA, Douglas grew up on her grandparents' farm in Baton Rouge. Blessed with natural beauty, she was named Miss New Orleans in 1957. Moving to New York at the age of 17, she continued to compete in beauty contests. A first-place finish in a newspaper-sponsored contest led to an appearance on the nationally broadcast Ed Sullivan Show and a screen test.

Signed by movie producer Hal Willis, Douglas made numerous guest appearances on such television shows as Dragnet and The Twilight Zone during the late '50s and early '60s. She served as billboard girl on The Steve Allen Show in

1959. The same year, she appeared in the musical film Li'l Abner. Cast in the role of Ellie Mae Clampett, Douglas helped to turn The Beverly Hillbillies into one of the most successful television shows of the early '60s. She remained a vital element of the show for nine years. In 1981, she reprised the role for the TV movie The Return of the Beverly Hillbillies.

Appearing with Elvis Presley in the 1965 film Frankie and Johnny, based on a traditional folk song, Douglas developed a close relationship with the rocker while shooting the film. They spent hours talking about Christianity and about books that they had read. According to a biography by the E! Channel, she was so heartbroken after the movie was completed that she considered quitting The Beverly Hillbillies. Leaving show business, Douglas sold real estate during the 1970s and '80s. Most of her recent appearances have been limited to Christian events. ~ Craig Harris, All Music Guide

"Jeff DeWitt" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice