(OT) Early voting

I finally finished studying the candidates and propositions - 10 to 15 hours.

I ended up voting for 3rd party candidates three times, in protest, picking the 3rd party closest to the winners party. It won't effect the outcome, but I feel better.

One was to catch the eye of the party designated to win that district - an Gerrymandered district, in other words. One was because the winner-to-be is radical, not moderate. One was because they wouldn't answer a question of mine - I asked it three times to his site.

I know that these "protest" votes are counted ("That was one who should have voted for me.") after conversations with some elected (and some non-elected) candidates in the past.

In many others, I didn't mark anything as I didn't have enough info.

Damn, I feel good!

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Karl,

It must be in the Stude gene pool. I do the same thing! Flathead.

Reply to
FlatheadGeo

I'll keep voting out the incumbents until we get somebody with a true sense of "public service".

Reply to
zoombot

Isn't it the way now? Canadian politics are the same, we vote out whoever is in office, we never vote FOR another party. We have all become jaded by politics - there are no altruists in office, they're all there for their own gain, ego, power, staying in office, furthering whatever agenda their belief system or party wants.

Where is Alfred E. Newman when you need him?

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie

As long as we go along with distractions - campaigns focusing on personal 'flaws' in the opposing candidate rather than issues and plans, we're doomed to more of the same. I long for the day when the electorate doesn't care who's f**king who, as long as it isn't us getting f**ked.

Brooksie wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Oh you dreamer! It'll never change, we're always the ones to get diddled in the end (or other orifices).

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie

On Madison Avenue, in NY........looking at the dumb jerks running for office.

BG

Reply to
Bill Glass

Looking through the stack of material that accumulated while I was studying the issues, I had a chance to go over the "National Graud Association of California PAC Voters Guide.

It made certain to state that it had nothing to do with the California NG.

Each of the people they recommended had a small * beside their name if they had paid to be included. All individuals and propositions had *s beside them. They are about .020 in diameter - I had to use one of these pocket microscopes to be able to count the legs! They give no info about the NGAC group nor how one would join.

(Once I got something from the "Former Servicemen of San Diego County" (or whatever) telling me for whom I should vote. I tried to contact they about membership (actually, I was looking for a cheap hall to rent for the Widnow/Windowers group, where I was President. No luck. I looked up the address of one of the "officers" and found it to be in the same building as the local HQ of one of the major Political Parties! ) At least this one sold ads to any party. They ran ads for an ultra-right running for Lt Gov and Jerry Brown ("Moonbeam") seeking for Atty Gen!

There were 49 things on which I could mark my selections. I skipped some if I had nothing to go by.

Karl

Bill Glass wrote:

Reply to
midlant