Maybe OT? Found, one unknown treasure in the woods

Hey guys, did Studebaker use solid rims in the 20's/30's? I was down in the southern-ish end of Oregon today, hunting with a buddy of mine. As we were crawling around the brush, we came upon an old homestead. In the brush above we spied the engine cowl of an old car. Eagerly we raced up the hill to see what it was. There were no brand names on the car anywhere except a Fisher body tag on the lower left side of the cowl and another Fisher tag on the center of the engine firewall. It had the body style number and all on it, but not who it was built for. It still has the front fenders and running boards.The gas tank was located at the back of the car. It has mechanical brakes and solid metal rims with mounting bolts. the rear suspension looked to be a hydraulic piston/arm type setup. As the frame was very buried in old brush and dirt we could not get to the rear axle to see if there were numbers on it. The engine and tranny are gone. The frame was not boxed, and kinda had the curves of a 32 Ford - but we couldn't find any Ford markings anywhere. Help?

Dan Kay

Reply to
Dan Kay

Dan Kay

Well, found pictures of a 31 Chevy coupe that looks awful close...

Dan

Reply to
Dan Kay

Reply to