(OT:) THIS is why I abstain from voting sometimes:

Truckdude, 7/24/2008,10:02:16 PM, wrote:

> >> I registered to vote in Tampa when I turned 18 in 1983. The first >> election for me was 1984. I voted for Reagan. > > > It was Ronald Reagan who inspired me and made me proud to be an > American. It was because of him that I joined the US Military to serve > my country.

LOL! That was my THIRD election! Voted for Carter a second time, too...

Didn't like Reagan. At ALL. Bleeding heart Liberal. Figured I should vote, and went and voted for Carter, even though he had made a mess of things, because *I* figured I would pick "the lesser of two evils."

And now you see why, when I don't like any of the candidates, I stay home...

Reply to
Hachiroku

That is fine, stay home and don't vote. But that doesn't absolve you of not performing your civic duty. It also shows us you can't make difficult decisions that have difficult consequences.

Reply to
badgolferman

Never stay at home on election day. There is usually a third party. Granted this third party is usually a nut case and not going to win. If enough people vote for a third party, then maybe the major parties will get the idea they need to change. Many times the elections will be close and if the third party voters had voted for the loosing major party , then they may have won.

I don't even know who I voted for in the last presidential election for president. Just picked the third party. Even in other elections, I usually vote for the canidate that has not been in office. Just don't like most of the ones that have been in it for years, time for a new person and idea.

Reply to
Ralph Mowery

Good thinking, Slick. You must feel proud to have pissed away your vote.

Reply to
mack