OT Exotic car question

I write a monthly column for 944 magazine, and for the December issue they're looking for exotic. Not Ferrari or Lambo exotic, think Veyron - what I need is suggestions for cars that are less known but potentially as hot as the Bugatti, it's been written about plenty. Any ideas?

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Really? I had no idea... might have to see if I can find a copy.

Saleen S7? Panoz? not quite as "exotic" but pretty close to "street legal race car..."

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

fits:

AVANTI!!!!!!!

Reply to
FlatheadGeo

Before you get too excited, it's a who's who type magazine for the night club crowd.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Arnolt-Bristol or KF-161. When was the last time one of those showed up for the night club set?

Reply to
bob m

" Everyone who is anyone will want to join the new social networking site in town, 944life. It is the new local social networking platform from 944 magazine. 944 magazine is renown for showcasing photos and gossip from the hippest nightspots and parties in seven hot cities: San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, Phoenix, Las Vegas, Miami and New York City. With this MySpace-esque site, they hope to create new networks of friends and fellow clubbers. Predictably, users can create their own profile, upload their own videos and photos of their nights out, write their own blogs, view the photos and videos from the parties online, and find out where the next hot party is. They also feature a celebrity news channel on the home page. If you are from one of those aforementioned cities and you like to - as they say - "party like a rock star," this could be a fun site for you. My favorite question on the Help section was, "I'm hosting a kickass party in my new Bevery Hills Mansion, there will be lots of girls and alcohol. How can I promote this party on 944.com?" That should sum up the purpose and function of this site best."

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Gee, I must be getting old! I thought it was a Porsche magazine!!!!!! Flathead

Reply to
FlatheadGeo

I guess I don't see the reason for all the excitement and trashing of this publication OR its readers. If it's not something you want to read, let it go and be done with it.

I don't read Guideposts but, I also don't call the ones who read it religious freaks.

Don't we have something a bit more productive to cuss and discuss?

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

hmmm......for the party crowd at the "hippest nightspots" and those who like to be seen at "kickass parties"

I'd say Zimmer Golden Spirit.........latter-day Stutz..........Baylif..........Dual Ghia......Gazelles

then there's special models: Cadillac d'Elegance.........Toronodo XS........Lincoln/Mercury/T-Bird "Lipstick" options.......Matador Oleg Cassini............Imperial convertibles with the fake wood trim.......Elvis' pink Cadillacs.....

they made lots of cars for the "more money than brains.....look at me look at me" crowd.

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

fiat multipla. Dad had one in ca. in 58 or 59. Will be the next must have play car. 2x2x2 seating. the original mini van.

I allways wanted an O_leg cassini. ( I was a prosthetist in a previous life) ,,,, get it.RRRRR

Reply to
am not r2

Lee A. is just throwing cold water on stuff.. thats one of his specialties

Reply to
mark

re: trashing the publication

of all the car makes past and present, I would hazard the guess that there are fewer "phoney" Studebaker owners than any other brand........not quite the group to have asked for hints to dazzle the glitteratzi legends in their own minds.

now = let's not have any fun in here......Britney, Paris & Lindsey need our help picking out new cars - they go thru a lot of them. I'm so envious.

and no, I'm not egalitarian: I want firm boundries between myself and those who would pay $800 for a sweatshirt made in Pakistan because some foo-foo fashion pansy on E sez that pink in in...........

back to my Robb Report

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

Wow... I thought you were dead. Things a little slow with the other women over at alt.mothers?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

sorry, Lee, far from dead

I just had a annual checkup, and I am in as good a health as can be expected for someone with my health problems

with my luck, I might outlive you.

Reply to
Mark

Well you have a goal now... if your luck is as good as you say, maybe you should start playing the lottery.

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I'd like to see a list of what the Sultan of Brunei has accumulated. I know he did have a couple of Aston Martin and Ferrari station wagons (or shooting brakes, depending on where you are from). I don't recall where I read it but I saw somewhere that he was disposing of some of the cars by sinking them, which seems a total waste.

Reply to
C R