OT gas

went up 25 cents here this morning all at once.

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

Alex Magdaleno

$2.97 here in Wichita, Kansas - but you can bet it will go up over $3 pretty soon. Once it does that folks around here tend to get bent out of shape.

Reply to
zoombot

Not to worry, our financial/political experts tell us everything is well and complaining is treasonous.

Reply to
John Kunkel

I am glad it waited until after SB to start going up again! Is the price of fuel going up or is the value of the dollar just going down?

I guess we just need to get Pelosi & co. to slap a $1.00/gal tax on our gas like the Brits have, so folks won't use so much of it!

Reply to
Barry

You know that is not the worst idea I have heard today. Lower the use/ demand for petrolium and the prices "should" fall and we might use less helping the envioronment.

Joe Roberts

"guess we just need to get Pelosi & co. to slap a $1.00/gal tax on our gas like the Brits have, so folks won't use so much of it!

-- Barry'd in Stude"

Reply to
itraseecab

Well up the road from Wichita in Hutchinson gas was $2.99 on Wed night, $2.97 on Thurs morning and $3.09 on Thurs afternoon.

Reply to
Karin Gillette

Reply to
LeRoy Prosic

$3.19 in Delano,Minnesota.

Reply to
Bob

highest I PERSONALLY seen this day was 3.21, tho I heard of a

3.25 station..

DIESEL can be had cheaper than the advertised 2.79, too

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

do away with Ferd, chebbys and the other and MAKE fuel efficient cars the LAW-- GEE we CANT DO THAT, the oil companies dont LIKE that idea..

wanna price keys now???LOLOL

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

In the past 2 weeks it went from 98.9 a liter (and then we got 3.5 cents a liter off so actually 95.4 was the price) up to 112.9 WITHOUT a discount then back to 109.9 a liter with no doscount then down another cent and just the other day it went up to 117.9 and 118.9 a liter. Which Arab farted this time...

Reply to
Dale J.

I think I set a personal record for dollars spent in one gas station visit (Sam's Club, Hagerstown, MD). Wednesday I filled my '95 Dodge Ram V-10 for $80.06 (28.004 gallons at $2.859) and three gas cans for $48.64, total purchase, $128.70. Ouch! And Sam's was $.10 a gallon cheaper than my cheapest neighborhood gas. Worse, I've already emptied one six-gallon can cutting grass. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

For once, will all of you sheeple take action instead of complaining and lamenting about the screwing we are getting from the petroleum lords. We have the power to bring the price down if we choose to do it. That power is in our back pocket. All it takes is an united front country wide and start boycotting a brand of gas each month and let it be known that it will continue until the oil company's CEOs realize that we are not going to to continue to underwright their lavish lifestyles and their yearly multi million dollar bonuses at our expense.

Reply to
Ron Butts

Did you think you would not pay the costs of the stupid environmental laws in California, that limit the states access to crude and it by-products? It is only $2.60 to $2.90 on most of the east coast. ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The fact is 'we' use more of it at $3 a gallon than we did when it was $1. It is know as the law of supply and demand. As to taxes the state and local governments already get more money form each gallon you buy, than do the oil companies or the station operators ;)

The folks that are making the really big money, are the commodities buyers who control the price of crude

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Went up a nickel between when I went into the restaurant and when I came out... Should've gassed up first... Jeff (damned happy hour rules) Rice

wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

naa, its gonna be better, we just crash the entire country.. wages arent budging, but when the guys realize it takes 2+ HOURS of work pay a day TO get TO work, there is gonna be screaming, and YES, some folks will not care AT ALL. but for the 'frugal folks, the 'extra spending is gonna cease, and that results in hours or job cuts when the businesses do not have any customers.. and that makes a very viscous circle that cannot easily got around if it goes far enough.

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

On that note I took steps last year.Although my daily commute is a grand total of 15 miles I car pool with a co-worker.When I or my wife do need to use the car (which gets 28 mpg) we plan it so there are multiple stops to avoid running to the same area more than once a week.My Suburban sits unless it's absolutely needed.Rather than plans like boycotts I do take matters into my own billfold. I conserve fuel,drive 55mph to save a bit more and in general keep my money from the oil companies.When ...and if...the sheeple follow the call from the boycott side of the street I'll pass.I probably wont need gas that day anyway.Rather than a boycott why not advocate conservancy? Of course I do enjoy listening to my neighbor who drives 80 miles a day in his 4-wheel drive Suburban (getting mid-teens mpg) and he drives 65-75 mph whine about high gas prices.Slow down or get a vehicle that gets better mileage? Nah..thats wont happen.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob