37 Coupe Express bed available

HELP!

I bought a 37 coupe express bed that had been turned into a trailer. It is in Indiana and now that I have the thing paid for, I am finding that I can not get it shipped to California (San Francisco area) for under

3X what I paid for it.

The seller was very generous and let me keep it at his place while I tried to sort out shipping, but alas, he has asked me to pick it up or get someone to ship it out of his shop.

It is in real decent shape, no tailgate, and I am not sure if there are fenders. It is sitting on a frame with wheels so the rear end might be an intact CE rear end.

I need to have someone help me organize shipping or if that fails, I will sell it to anyone who wants to go get it. It is in the northern part of the state, in Wheatfield,In.46392.

I paid $450 for it. Will sell it for that much or will pay to have it shipped, but the lowest shipping cost I was quoted was over $1100.

Thanks for your help!

My email is allen at ebold dot com. My phone is 831 336-3621

Thanks! Allen

Reply to
Allen Siekman

As we have discovered this summer, freight prices have sky-rocketed. Allen had the same problem getting his frame shipped from Houston, making it unfeasable. Recently, I had to notify a buyer in CA that the hood he bought from me will cost $125.00 + crating to transport. I used to ship them for about $80.00 via Overnite Transp., but they have been gobbled up by UPS, and high fuel prices are causing all of the carriers to go up. BH

Reply to
Barry

I wonder why the delivery services (UPS, FedEx, etc) haven't gone back down on their prices...gas prices around here have dropped from $3.09 a gallon down to $2.75 per gallon. Noticed this past weekend in Austin TX that you could buy gas for $2.66.

Reply to
Loy Daniel

corporate greed is not found exclusively among oil companies.

Reply to
Barry

Prices should be lower than that given the level of fuel stocks, (two year high). But the marketplace is no longer driven solely by availability vs. demand.

JT

(Who believes profiteers should be shot with contaminated rock salt)

Loy Daniel wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I expect corporations to take profits when they can, and hope that some of the $$ will go toward some extra exploration.

Reply to
Barry