SD auto show (OT)

We worked the autoshow in the Convention Center four hours today. Very enjoyable. Talked to some great people.

On the stand were a Bentley and a later Lagonda. An L29 Cord was in showroom, condition, '31 Caddy V12 rumbleseat roadster looked good and made for some silly questions. This has the 45 degree OHV engine whereas the later ones, where engine compartment height, not width, was the problem. reverted to the cheaper, wider and quieter flatheads. ] (and the gd deloren!)

Looked at a few new cars later. Asked the Didge people if they might lift the station wagon roof a bit to make it more usefull, at a decrease in beauty for that option. No way! Looked inder a Subaru hood. Damn, that made me glad to be driving the CDR.

Dinner at Corvettes, digging the sounds of the fifties, eating fish&chips and drinking Newcastle Brown.

Lots of nice people in the hobby!

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Transtar60

Please tell me you're kidding? That's good beer.

nate

Transtar60 wrote:

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Well I will have to find some to test. I spent ten years in Germany testing beer(and frauleins) and I am paying the price now. Havent been able to drink any domestic beer since then.

Nate Nagel wrote:

Reply to
Transtar60

Well Hell.... That's only half an answer... What about the wimmen' since you've been back?????? Jeff ( Inquiring dirty minds need to know! ) Rice

"Transtar60" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Yeah well when importing is not an option, ya gotta go with domestic

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Transtar60

You've been watching too many old reruns of the Mackenzie Brothers on SCTV...

When I worked Florida after the 2004 hurricanes Newcastle or Sam Adams was a godsend at the end of a looooong day.

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie

That's why I stay at the meet hotels. To see how many scotch and sodas (right hand) and Coronas (left hand) I can drink at the banquet before I fall on my face. P. S. Nobody has mentioned San Magoo.

Reply to
Dwain G.