Houston Auto Show

Finally got to touch / feel the Mazdaspeed Turbo! It's very sweet! I was disappointed that it was the Red version (sorry you die-hards) however, it's what I would have to call a good red. It's highly metallic!

After reading all about it in every rag this last month, I was dying to check it out. Biggest surprise; the seats are much improved over recent Miata's (unless you're really wide) and now the bolsters come close to 'fitting' up against you.

Fit and finish; same old large (thankfully consistent) panel seams (maybe they will improve this in the next gen) but all the details look very nice. With that contrasting color stitching, you can't get away with much.

Hart Racing wheels; these are beautiful, anyone heard how much they weigh? In the past Mazda has always paid an admirable amount of attention to this important detail.

I was really hoping to put hands-on the new Pontiac Solstice but we got shafted and it went to the N.Y. Autoshow!

Local dealer said they had just received their first Turbo Miata and as far as he knew, it was not sold yet. Anyone driven one yet?

Chris

92BB&T
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

We drove one and then bought one 2 weeks ago. My dealer sold 3 the first week and none since. It is not for the folks who just want to ride around and look good on a nice day with out pushing it. It wants to be driven. The engine goes to redline (6500) extremely fast and you have power in every gear over about 3500 rpm. But the best thing is the suspension. With stiffer springs,thicker sways and different valved shocks the ride is very firm but darn does this thing handle. Much better than than any stock Miata including my son-in- law's 10AE. More later off to work I go. Les '99 Blue and wife's '04 MS MX5

Reply to
Les

"Chris D'Agnolo" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

I received mine a week and a half ago...truly handles like "it's on rails". More than enough power to have some serious fun. The gear shifting is very much improved as well. The seats are more comfortable and more grabby than stock. All in all an extremely nice package.

Rod

2004 MS Turbo Velocity Red Mica 2002 SE Blazing Yellow Mica (sold) 1990 Mariner Blue