Something For Mom....

My mother is in an assisted living facility, and is bedridden. Because the miles between us are far, and time is short.... I bought her a digital picture frame. You can load thousands of pictures and videos and songs, etc on it. My sister is going to do the pic loading off a USB flas drive. That way all the siblings can just send the USB drive around, or my sister can download the pic's off of Webshots onto the USB drive and upload them to the picture frame. Then Mom can watch at her liesure. (I just hope it doesn't get stolen... Going to put a laptop security cable on it)

Reply to
Deepnhock

Very nice gift, Jeff!

Our prayers are with you and yours.

Reply to
Dave's Place www.davesplaceinc

Jeff you need set her name, etc in or on it as well...I looked after my Mom for 4 years before she passed in a nursing home and we lost a few things that never were recovered...The older you get the more you forget...Some things were loaned to others there and the person couldn't remember that or where it went...

I set up a 4x8 sheet of plywood painted on her room wall next to her bed... We set a few hundred old up to new, pictures of everyone and places she had been etc, in her life and she loved it...Once others, family and friends heard about it they would sent me pictures to set on her wall...Helped her keep a memory of who was who...We called it her Memory Wall and I have it yet here...Took her picture many times with the wall of pictures behind her and mailed them to my sisters were they could see Mom with their picture set on the wall in her room...74 residents lived there and Mom was the only one had a memory wall...others would come visit her to see it...

This was early 90's before computers and digital cameras were used much...So your doing a good thing for your Mom and she can share your daily lives through your pictures...That's a gift that's priceless believe me...Your Mom is lucky to have a son like you...My best to you both...

Lansing

Reply to
Lansing

Nice move but the "stealin'" issue is real in these places. I went through several radios etc. when my mother was confined back in the 1980's.

Real lowlifes who steal from the elderly should get life without parole!

Happy Easter!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire