Speakin of the dead!

I'm not dead yet but is this place the dead zone or what? By not posting here is it considered to be respectfull memorialization of what this spot used to be? If so I would like to apologize for disturbing the peace. Stude folks, this may be an approiate spot to have a discussion on things like "All that ails your Studebaker " but not limited to.

My car leaks oil. Should I just keep adding and change the filter every 3000 miles?. What is ZDDP and is it good for my hood hinges? Is it possible to have a $ 6000.00 looking paint job by using a couple cases of rattle cans from FAMILY DOLLAR? I plan on shooting it myself with the 99 cent cans or should I go whole hog and get the cans from Wally World or Ace Hardware? My chitt on E-bay seller {jimmijim8} Why I like Lionel Trains. American Flyer Why I like Gibson Guitars and older Fender tube amps Studebakers:Stuff for trade, sale, free: your needs. jimmijim

Reply to
jimmijim

where is the leak? and is this a Stude or otherwise?

engine oil additive

--Shiva--

Reply to
me

I was just thinking this morning that it had been rather quiet of late. But I am now laid up with a torn/fixed rotator cuff and have time to ponder these things. My 61 Lark now runs well, doesn't leak overly much and one the seats are rebuilt will be a much nicer ride!

Dan Kay

snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:

Reply to
Dan Kay

Not dead, just busy, that whole trying to make a living/ survive deal. Fred(57 transtar) came off winter break with a stuck clutch and I haven't had time to fix it, Freida(64 cruiser) is still awaiting funds for some brake repairs(that whole making a living/surviving thing again) and the local drag strip isn't having a points program this year so the 60 lark drag car is idle also. Also became a first time grandfather last fall and that consumes a "little" time. But I still check in here occasionally. Lamar

Reply to
wbutler

I just found this newsgroup. and let me tell you all. I NEED THIS. I am trying to finish up my first major car rebuld and due to the lack of studebaker info out there, espically champion of the 1950. 51 variety, i need help. MY project is more of a resto-rod, the body int etc was too far gone to restore. Thats is why i picked it, you die hard stude parts guys would have plucker her and parted her out. Instead i collect parts from slightly less rusty cars and rebuilt the lower 8 inches of my car. The engine was seized and i dont even know how the tranny was. I swapped the front fenders out for 51 giving me ean extra inch of engine space and a slightly wider radiator U. Due to a bad body and to save money i molded the rear fenders in and the rockers. Now all my patch panels are nice and smooth looking. I am putting paint on thursday AND assembling it this weekend.

I know you die hard stude guys hate me because its not stock BUT i have seen you guys KILL cars like mine in the same condition so :P.

I do need a person i can call and get help installing me front and rear windsheilds with stainless this saturday. I just need 10 minutes over the phone with this person.

I ALSO have a friend building a 49 truck and another looking at picking up a 64 4 door. We are all looking for parts and info.

If some knowledgeable stude guy takes controll here and allways gives their 2 cents on every stude related thread, yiou would be suprised this will grow. I am not knowledgeable but i will help when i can. Ed

Reply to
FortyTwo

1950 Studes were a bastard year but they sure are attractive to the rodding crowd. I have one out in the country that I plan on putting on eBay soon. Not worth "restoring" in my opinion but sure would be a good candidate for rodding out. Good sheet metal, missing trunk floor etc.

Good luck with your project(s)!

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

well i made it to back to the fifties, now i have a pile a parts and troubles to work through. Ed

Reply to
FortyTwo