Stall converters

I just had a 700r4 redone.... They made it a non-lockup.....what could be causing the motor to die when you put it in gear...... I have a non-lockup converter......The stall is 3000, it is behind a 511 big block chevy.....Will the lockup valve in the pump not being right, would it cause this problem.....He did not put a special valve he just did something so the stock valve would nit move..... Please Help........Ray

Reply to
rlhjlhone

Ernie Rizzolo

Can you keep the engine running in gear by holding the brake with your left foot and "massaging" the throttle with your right foot? If so, converter lockup isn't the problem.

The transmission/converter often get the blame in such cases but the problem is more often tuneup related.

Reply to
John Kunkel