Street rodders have money

Got a call on N8's Daytona that I have on ebay wanting to know how much to end the auction early. I told him I wanted to let the auction run when he explained he wanted it for the "body" and offered 12K for the car. To ease the possible pain in seeing the car gutted I told him I'd add a 14K BIN, but he said he might still be interested and he'd call back. It was then that he mentioned he had looked at the white Daytona on ebay that he could buy for 5K or so but it was rusty and a light bulb appeared over my head. I sold him my rust free 64 Challenger body on a rolling chassis for 4K and we're both very happy. Now the R2 drive line that was going in the Challenger can go in another car.

Not knocking the rodders, but I feel better providing him with the Challenger shell to rod then a low mileage Daytona.

Reply to
John Poulos
1) so the rodder wasn't interested in the R2?

2) so you have a spare R2 setup laying around.... hmm....

nate

(no! bad Nate! must put together what you have!)

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
N8N

Ahhhh Life and cars can be simple or hard...But... John you make it easy and fun to watch how you move the pieces over the board and all come out a winner...Neat job on this deal...

Lansing

Please remove the X to e-mail me...I get spam here daily

Reply to
ConcreteGuy

John,

Is the R2 available, or are you just playing with us all again?

Rob

Reply to
RobYoung

I'm glad they do have money. I just do the work for them, and they gladly pay me. Studebaker purist's tend to be a bit different. Not a slam, just a firsthand observation.... Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
John Poulos