Smokey Yunic OT

Who did get Smokeys patent of the Hot Vapor engine?

There was some artikles in motor magasines, and also some TV program of this engine back at the -80:ies in Sweden.

Then nothing. and nothing.

Reply to
Len

Don't know about the patents, but a lot of his special tooling went over to Ocala and put into Don Garlit's museum.... Jeff

"Len" wrote..

Reply to
Jeff Rice

If that's the one where he used a supercharger along with heating the incoming air and fuel mixture to increase the performance of the car along with the gas mileage, they wouldn't give him any patents on it. I wanted to duplicate his system so I checked online with the patent office. It seems there was a patent or two given out years before Smokey's system that the patent office said preceded his design. I looked at the earlier system [don't remember what it was called or even what the darn thing was for] and it resembled Smokey's about as much as a tricycle resembles an Avanti. In my opinion just another case of big money [oil and auto industry] controling things, with across the board gov't connections.

Reply to
allyoop